Monday, December 3, 2012

Fred 'Arsenalese' Oliang'a

Rarely in life does one meet a person with so much passion and dedication. Fred was assistant to Dr Dominec in the Masai Mara.
He has a rare insight to life and was always first in line to volunteer his services and put his life on the line. I spent 10 days working with him and we became good friends
On the first day he took me aside and commented to me
“Dr Clay I learne...d something new today… that age does not make a difference but you are crazy”
On the last day he commented “Dr Clay I learned something new this time… Not all white men are the same”
These are the best compliments I have ever had and it inspired me.
Once in Nairobi he texted me
“Thanks a lot Doc! Be sure we have learned a lot from you….U are a gentleman and without a doubt a big heart u have…may God give you strength and favor in a fight for sanity in wildlife conservation… Cheers Man”
Fred thank you I am sure our paths will cross again.